Do You Have What It Takes?
Are you passionate about technology and Smart Nation? Are you driven by the desire to create digital solutions that can transform our society, economy and government?
If your answer is yes and yes, come apply for the Smart Nation Scholarship. Offered by the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore (CSA), Government Technology Agency (GovTech) and Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), the scholarship is an opportunity for you to carve out a career in tech, while making meaningful contributions to improve the lives around you.
Opportunities Abound in Government
The Smart Nation Scholarship gives talented individuals the opportunity to start a dynamic career in technology to contribute towards the public good.
At the point of application, you can indicate or rank your preference of the three agencies. When offered, you can only accept one scholarship offer from the agency of your choice. During the course of your study, you will have internship opportunities with your sponsoring agency and possibly other organisations to experience the work culture and be exposed to challenging tech projects. Upon graduation, you will gain direct admission into a talent programme within your sponsoring agency for fast-tracked career development, where you will be groomed for leadership positions and take on key roles in national projects.
You can look forward to a multifaceted career, specializing in a variety of tech domains and opportunities for job rotations across the different public agencies:
We are looking for applicants who are:
- Singapore Citizens
- GCE A-Level (or equivalent) or polytechnic diploma graduates with an outstanding co-curricular activities record
- Passionate about having a career in tech for public good
- Strong Leaders with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Keen to pursue an ICT-related degree programme
Applicants who have prior experience in technology or ICT-related events or have participated in hackathons will be considered favourably.
What the Smart Nation Scholarship covers:
- Tuition and other compulsory fees
- Option to backdate: Mid-term scholars (overseas or local) may opt to backdate the scholarship
- Living allowance: Allowance for day-to-day expenses such as bills and living costs
- One-time allowance: IT equipment, warm clothing, return shipping and settling-in
- Service Commitment: 6 years (overseas programme) or 4 years (local programme)
How to apply
The application period is from September to April each year. Head over to the Smart Nation Scholarship website go.gov.sg/smartnationscholarship for the full details or email email@example.com.