My Favourite Days
‘My Favourite Days’ is a 35-page Augmented Reality (AR) storybook put together by TOUCH Community Services, Meta, and MeshMinds, together with Smart Nation and Digital Government Office (SNDGO).
It tells the heart-warming story of a little girl and her grandpa on a jaunt around Singapore, and the tech discoveries they make along the way.
Built on Meta’s Spark AR platform, children get to experience the story in a fun and immersive way. The AR effects were developed by Meshminds, a Singapore creative technology studio.
Young readers will get to stretch their imagination on the possibilities offered by technology, and marvel at how it changes everything from the way we conduct play, to how our food is served.
The making of ‘My Favourite Days’
Where to get the book?
My Favourite Days is available for loan at all National Library Board branches.
You can also download a softcopy of the book below.
How to use the AR feature?
- Lay the book on a horizontal surface.
- Scan the QR code on each AR page to open the effect for that page in Instagram or head to the ‘Effects’ tab at @touchcommunityservices on Instagram to select the relevant effect.
- Using your smartphone in portrait mode, point the camera at the image on the page to activate the AR experience. Don’t forget to enable audio for the full experience!
- Once it starts, please turn your smartphone to landscape mode for best viewing.
- AR effect not loading? Try quitting the application and try again.