Smart Nation Grandparents Day 2023
Head down with your family for a fun day out at the National Museum, filled with tech showcases and interactive activities to celebrate our grandparents and delight the young at heart!
Smart Nation Grandparents Day
Back with a bigger bang and even more fun-filled tech activities, games, and workshops – come celebrate our grandparents with the entire family this Grandparents’ Day on 26 November (Sunday). Explore the wonders of robotics, AI, and virtual reality with this unique experience for all ages!
Exclusive merchandise and freebies up for grabs
📢 Redeem an exclusive Smart Nation tote bag* filled with cool swag such as digital luggage scale, 3-in-1 phone charger-fan-flashlight and more!
📢 Bring your grandparents and grandchildren to enjoy free croissants! What’s more, complete our survey and receive a special 25% discount voucher* from Café Brera!
*Terms and conditions apply, while stocks last
📢 Event participants can enjoy FREE admission to all exhibitions at the National Museum.
Register your interest now
Head over to our Events page to register your interest and let us know you are coming! Follow Smart Nation Singapore for updates.
- Challenge your grandparents and grandkids to a round of boxing, not in the ring, but in Augmented Reality (AR)!
- Get up close and personal with social robots ‘LOVOT’ and ‘Daisy’.
- Be Internet Awesome with Google and learn how you can be a confident explorer of the online world.
- Enjoy a refreshing cup of coffee made by ‘Ella’, our friendly robot barista.
- Play spot-the-difference game to learn how you can keep your Singpass safe.
- Pit yourself against ‘SenseRobot’, a Chinese Chess Artificial Intelligence (AI) grandmaster, and see if you have what it takes to beat it.
Partner workshops and talks
- Engage in a hands-on activity on the basics of 3D printing with a 3D pen and bring home your very own creations!
- Grandparents, learn new ways of streaming entertainment like meWATCH and listening to nostalgic tunes from the 50s, 60s and 70s through apps like VintageRadio.SG.
- Find out about the latest scam tactics and get tips from police officers on how you can stay safe (ask them anything you are curious about).
Programme schedule may be altered at the discretion of the organisers.
Venue: National Museum of Singapore, Glass Atrium, Level 2
Address: 93, Stamford Road, Singapore 178897
Note: Event participants can walk-in via the National Museum entrance and take the escalator to Level 2. No registration is required at the visitor centre.
- Turn left from Stamford Road onto Fort Canning Road for National Museum’s car park entry/exit.
- Other parking facilities are available at Singapore Management University, Manulife Centre, Fort Canning Park and YMCA.
- Alight at YMCA Bus Stop (Bus Services 7, 14, 14e, 16, 36, 64, 65, 77, 106, 111, 124, 128, 139, 162, 162m, 167, 171, 174, 174e, 175, 190, 700, 700A, 972)
- Alight at Singapore Management University (SMU) or Stamford Bus Stops (Bus Services: 7, 14, 14e, 16, 36, 77, 106, 111, 124, 128, 131, 147, 162, 162m, 166, 167, 171, 174, 174e, 175, 190, 700, 700A, 857)
- Bencoolen Station (DT21), Exit B
- Bras Basah Station (CC02), Exit A
- Dhoby Ghaut Station (CC01/NE06/NS24), Exit A
- City Hall Station (EW13/NS25), Exit B
[Return to top]