Working together to better make use of AI
The success of our National AI Strategy depends on Singaporeans, businesses, researchers and the Government coming together to work closely towards our goals. We will also need to work with international partners to better make use of AI in Singapore.
You can play a part in our future success by contributing through one of these four ways:
1. Submit ideas and solutions for National AI Projects
If you have any ideas, solutions or even proposals for new National AI projects, send them our way via this form.
2. Transform your business with AI
If your business is already using AI, you can take part in data sharing initiatives to promote the greater use of the tech and contribute to a trusted environment by adopting AI governance initiatives.
You can also take advantage of the following resources to kickstart or advance your AI transformation journey:
- SMEs Go Digital Programme provides sector-specific Industry Digital Plans (IDPs) that guide SMEs on the digital solutions they can adopt at each stage of their growth.
- AI Singapore’s 100 Experiments programme supports companies in deploying AI by using a co-investment model.
- AI Makerspace is a national platform launched in 2019 that helps SMEs and start-ups kick off their AI journey.
- Digital Services Lab provides a suite of tools to help companies and developers build AI solutions and harness its benefits.
- ASTAR’s T-UP programme facilitates the secondment of A*STAR scientists and research engineers to work on SMEs’ R&D projects for up to two years, helping these businesses build their tech capabilities and develop innovative products and services.
- Trusted Data Sharing Framework guides companies in establishing data sharing partnerships and practices.
- Model AI Governance Framework provides private sector organisations with a detailed and readily-implementable guide to address critical ethical and governance issues when using AI.
3. Participate in Singapore’s AI ecosystem
As we transform our key sectors using AI, there will be many opportunities for businesses to research, develop and deploy such technologies in Singapore and the region.
As a local or international investor, you can establish an AI team in Singapore and leverage our research ecosystem to enhance and validate new AI methodologies.
The Government supports your participation in our AI ecosystem with the following initiatives:
4. Learn about AI
It’s crucial for every Singaporean to upgrade and improve our skills so that we can keep up with the advances of AI and be ready to take on the exciting jobs that are created.
The business and research communities should also have a good understanding of worldwide technology trends in AI to stay ahead of the innovation curve.
Learn and gain access to AI technology through these programmes:
- AI Singapore Talent Development Programmes offer learning opportunities for all with courses such as the AI Apprenticeship Programme, AI for Everyone, AI for Industry, AI for Students, and AI for Kids.
- TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA) works with industry partners and employers to offer various programmes for both ICT and non-ICT professionals to upgrade or develop new skills to meet growing demand.
- SkillsFuture for Digital Workplace program is a course designed to help Singaporeans understand the fundamentals of AI and how it can be applied in their workplaces and daily lives. The curriculum includes content developed by SSG and IBM.
- Tech Insights through Patents (TIP) tool developed by IPOS International helps innovators understand patenting trends through an easy-to-navigate interface, making patent data more accessible. Leverage the power of this interactive tool to uncover hidden intelligence and keep abreast of technological advances.